Our bail bonds agents are responsible for the process of helping clients get released from jail on bail, taking you through the entire process from start to finish. Once one of our bail bondsmen take on your case, they will explain the bail process to you and work with you to complete all the needed paperwork to get you released. Because we are a full-service bail bond agency, your agent will be there with you throughout your court proceedings and trial, helping you avoid forfeit of your bail.
Our Bail Bonds Agents Qualifications
Having been in the business as long as we have, we understand the stress and trauma associated with being arrested. We believe in the constitutional right that you are innocent until proven guilty, and we treat all our clients with compassion, giving you real help to get released as fast as possible. To make this happen, we require extensive qualifications for our bail bondsmen, including:
- Full licensing in the State of California
- Fluent in English and Spanish
- Years of successful experience in the business
Our bail agents have intimate knowledge of the court procedures and contacts in the local courts, jails, and police officers. Our agents have access to the resources needed to post bail at any time of the day, even if it’s 2:00 in the morning.
What Does it Take to Become a Licensed Bail Bondsman?
Becoming a bail bondsman in the State of California is a lengthy process that includes background checks, examinations, and insurance. To be eligible, you must:
- Be at least 18 years old
- Have proof that you have been a California resident for at least two years
- Pass a criminal background check using your fingerprints
- Have no felony or misdemeanor convictions
Once you have passed those requirements, you must complete the following steps:
- Complete a 20-hour pre-licensing course that includes instruction in licensing, ethics, bail laws, bail regulations, and the rights of those accused of crimes.
- Get the financial backing of an insurance company. Insurance companies must feel that they can trust that you will competently handle bail bonds and that you have the knowledge and integrity to professionally execute the job without significant risk. Building this trust can take years, as it is often done through internships or working for insurance companies.
- Once you have completed the course and have the needed insurance backing, you must submit a Bail Application for Insurance License with full evidence that you meet the requirements.
- Once your application has been filed, you will be scheduled for the 50-question California State Licensing Exam that you must pass within two hours.
Only once all of this is completed, and you’ve passed the exam, you will be issued your license and can start as a bail bondsman. At Balboa Bail Bonds, our bondsmen are not only licensed but have years of successful practice in the business.
How Do I Choose a Bail Bond Agent?
The speed and efficiency of a bail bond agent often depend on two factors: their available resources and their knowledge of the local jails and courthouses. At Balboa Bail Bonds, all our agents have the resources to post almost any bail at any time, and our agents are strategically located throughout San Diego and Riverside counties. If you or a loved one has been arrested in either of these counties, we can help provide the best service possible to get your bail set and posted as fast as possible. Call us today at (619) 760-2222 to speak to an agent in your city and get released as soon as possible!